Open Position: Project Engineer
Automated Machine Systems, Inc. (AMS), seeks a Project Engineer to join our growing team in Cincinnati, OH.
The Project Engineer plans, coordinates, and executes engineering activity with the project team to meet the requirements of a project. A project engineer is also responsible for coordinating the resolution of engineering design and equipment debug problems.
We desire a collaborative and energetic individual to contribute to the sales and marketing teams within our dynamic environment, deliver messaging and product information to our prospects, and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
You will learn how a variety of businesses operate, the challenges they face daily, and how assembly & test automation can dramatically improve their businesses and their employees’ lives.
This position offers a base salary, plus a “Great Game Of Business” bonus. AMS employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will receive career development and advancement within the organization.
- Leads the project team to execute projects on schedule, at or below budget delivering the contracted scope of work to all applicable codes and standards
- Mechanical or Controls Design to meet project work scope
- Oversee any contract design resources assigned to their project
- Ensures, checks, and approves the work produced by the project team is acceptable based on the functionality, completeness, and safety standards.
- Key customer contact for assigned projects. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Maintain regular contact (verbal and written) with key customer representative(s) ensuring all key project events and issues are documented in writing
- Understand and apply AMS’s 17 Step Business Process
- Prepares and maintains Detailed Project Plans to track labor and schedule forecast information
- Conducts internal and external (customer) Design Reviews
- Proactively handle customer concerns
- Conduct regular team meetings and issue weekly project updates to the project team
- Elevate customer issues when required to the next level of AMS management
- Partner with Sales Rep to manage the customers’ expectations and deliver maximum customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be familiar with AutoCad, Solidworks, or similar drawing software
- Ability to work with team members, and a willingness to take responsibility for key aspects needed for project completion
- Experience working with mechanical systems, sensors, robots, motion control, pneumatics, and vision systems
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to excel
- Engineering degree or equivalent, specializing in electronics, electrical, mechanical or controls engineering.
- Completion of, in the process of, or interest in achieving the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
- Preference will be given to those who possess an excellent manufacturing or process engineering background, a superior problem solving aptitude and proven trouble-shooting skills
Automated Machine Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment due to race, creed, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin or physical handicap.