Open Position: Sales Engineer
Automated Machine Systems, Inc. (AMS), seeks a Sales Engineer to continue expanding our sales team.
The ideal candidate is a recent Engineering or Marketing graduate, familiar with manufacturing and industrial automation. In this position the candidate will generate new business and promote growth of existing accounts.
With AMS’s on-boarding and training programs, the Sales Engineer can expect top-notch support for success following a development plan designed to introduce them to AMS’s products and services, as well as 6 months of shadowing of experienced technical sales coaches.
- Works under immediate supervision from the President, with support from inside sales team
- Gain in-depth AMS product knowledge through in-house training and joint customer visits
- Quickly establish relationships with target accounts and develop new sales opportunities
- Generates new business and ensures growth of existing accounts
- Assesses customer needs and potential application of AMS’s products or services, then offers solutions that meet customer needs
- Participates in technical sales presentations to clients and communicates customer feedback for future product developments
- Highly motivated, organized, self-directed and able to design and execute a sales plan
- A consultative sales mentality and willingness to help solve problems for customers
- Effectively manage and utilize all available resources when seeking solutions for a customer challenge
- Qualify prospects against company provided criteria for ideal customers and sales opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business with 1-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within manufacturing
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written, with all levels of the company and customers
- Computer proficiency; strong abilities with the following MS Office components: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Utilize company CRM tool to report on sales activity, and maintain prospect and account information
- Progress to fully independent sales engineer within 12-18 months
This position will pay $45 – $70K base plus commission; target $90K+ total compensation per year.
Automated Machine Systems, Inc. (“AMS”) is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and was founded in 2000, focused in the following core competencies for the Medical, Consumer, Plastic Processors, and Transportation industries:
- Plastic Joining Systems
- Air Leak Testing Stations
- Precision Fastening Systems
- Clip Installation Machines
- Collar Press Machines
- Glue Application/Curing
We are proud of our application knowledge and experience, internal organizational systems, and customer communication. These key proficiencies have ensured our customers’ success from the quote phase through the production launch. And we know how to take care of our sales people!
Automated Machine Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment due to race, creed, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin or physical handicap.